Thursday, November 26, 2009

Changes Are Coming...


I have been at odds with myself lately and not able to figure out why. I am enjoying the town, I am enjoying the women that I am getting to know better. The kids are at such a fun age and they have so much joy in everything right now. Hubby and I are good and the job is still amazing... So eventually I figured it must be these things creeping around in the back of my brain telling me my time was coming...

I have had the good fortune and pleasure of staying home with my kids. My youngest is in kindergarten this year and to be honest I barely drop him off in the mornings and it is time to pick him up again... but next year, it will be 6 hours per day. It is time to do something with my time. Hubby and I have talked this subject to death and we haven't gotten very far with it. I will need to do SOMETHING or I will go crazy... I really don't think there is any way around that. Yet my pride won't let me take a "token" or "hobby" job, I have amazing qualification and if I should decide to work, it will be a good job. BUT that good job doesn't allow me the freedom to be there after school for my kids or there when they are sick or have Pro-D days... Not to mention the fact that Hubby's job is so very good that we would actually earn less money if he has to turn down an overtime shift because I am at work and he has to pick up the kids that day...

So, what I have decided (and putting it here cements it so there is no turning back) is that I am going to go back to college, part time for now, to work towards my Bachelors degree... I am kicking myself for not finishing it when I had the chance way too long ago now! However, hindsight... it is ok though because I don't think I could possibly do any more business or management classes... I think it is time for some deep thinking and liberal arts. I will continue to help out at the school whenever I can and I want to increase my volunteer work beyond the school... to other parts of the community, but some of the time will be strictly for me and my school. That is the plan anyways.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Susie! This is wonderful news! Congratulations on making a decision! I am constantly agonizing over what to do once the kids are both in school ... For now I can live vicariously through you!

Nicole

Coast to North said...

Thank you Nicole! I am sorry I didn't reply sooner, I have been neglecting my blog lately! It has been such a tough decision to figure out what to do and how to do it... As it turns out I can't start college until the fall because the classes are all longer than kindergarten! But it does feel good to have a plan and yet still be there for the kids... Good luck to you and your decision making, but my advice right now - DON'T think about it yet!! Enjoy your time with the kids right now, guilt-free and think about your plans later when the time is closer!