Thursday, November 18, 2010

Third Time's the Charm...

Twice so far this year, we have had snow. And twice so far this year, I thought "that's it, winter is here." And twice so far, I have been wrong! As a result we have had a fabulously long fall, very mild temperatures and overall beautiful weather... until now. This week, it got cold! Minus 18 kind of cold, but with a windchill to make it much colder! Then yesterday it started to snow, the powder fine, sparkly snow that sounds like corn starch. This kind of snow doesn't build up very much because it is so fine; my grass is white, but I can still see bits of grass poking through. I had to shovel the driveway, but it wasn't hard to do. (Although my legs were stinging from the cold when I got in!) Today is another beautiful day, the sun is making the snow twinkle and shine... but it is cold. I think when I say that "winter is here to stay", I will be right this time. And considering that the Santa Claus Parade is tomorrow, winter was right on time!

No comments: