Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Hurdle

Some people that we know up here (two separate families) are in the process of moving to Victoria. Neither of these families really expected to be going, nor are they from there... I have to say that I experienced a large surge of jealousy about this, which is strange because recently hubby was offered a job down on the Sunshine Coast which we both decided against because we don't want to move... but still... it would be nice.

Talking to my sister the other night, she gave me some perspective. Fort St John is the right place for us to be... it has a good work situation, it is a great place for our kids and our family. We get a lot of sunshine and blue sky... the only thing Fort St John is lacking or is not ideal, is geographically. Geographically this town is too far away from our family and friends. Geographically this town is lacking mountains and forests and oceans. However the positive things about this town enable us to overcome the shortcomings and go to the places where we like the geography.

Perhaps this only made sense in the strange conversation my sister and I were having... but to me it did make sense. I will miss our friends that are moving down to Victoria... but we will be able to visit!

No comments: