Thursday, June 2, 2011

Storming...

The summer storms started early this year... we started the thunder storm season last month and today had (are still having!) a good one!

As I was driving the kids home from school I noticed the wind sock on the hospital sticking straight out and blowing Northward, about 3 blocks later at an elementary school the flag there was blowing completely Southward... needless to say, the storm broke pretty much straight on top of us! With pounding rain, hail, huge gusts of rain and plenty of thunder and lightning (and apparently a few power outages!) it has been entertaining... and typical. We have been having beautiful weather in the mid-twenties and this weekend the fair is in town - so of course the weather is going to turn!

Anyway, I am enjoying the storm - although I bet my baby plants aren't!

No comments: