Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pros & Cons

Our house in Ladysmith

There are so many reasons why I don't want to go, but honestly they are all basically the same reason - I am going to miss what I have... but there are also a lot of very compelling reasons why I DO want to go.
Cons:
  • I am going to miss my sisters so very much
  • My friends and family are here not there
  • The beach
  • LaFF (Ladysmith Family and Friends)
  • My house
  • My six year old in a class with 16 kids
  • Everything is a short drive away here and up there it seems everything is at least an hour away... although perhaps I won't need to make that drive as Ft St John seems to have everything we would need

Pros:

  • It is an exciting new adventure
  • Skating outside
  • Snow, actual snow! As opposed to slush...
  • They have a toboggan hill in the middle of town
  • A LOT less rain and a lot more sun
  • There are a lot of kids up there. Here we live on a road that never had any kids except ours until recently...
  • Michael's brother and family live there
  • The security of a job that is not in the forest industry and the money that it pays:)
  • It sounds like there will be a lot more opportunities for me and my career when I go back to work
  • Michael will get a six day weekend every week (4 on 6 off)
  • The travelling that we plan to do

There are a lot more reasons that I can think of for each category but basically it boils down to the fact that as much as I love and am going to miss my life in Ladysmith, Fort Saint John is an exciting and potentially wonderful next chapter in our life... and that is what I am going to focus on for the next few months.

No comments: